Game Research

 



  




The game idea I am going to base my research on is agar, which is a game I want to base my game on. I think if I can pull it off, It would be such a fun game to create and make in the end. The game will be addictive, However if I find that is too hard to make I can still go back to the brainstorms I had and use One of them.





Game Mechanics:

The mechanics of my game should allow you to grow bigger every time that you eat something or get close to something that you touch and when you get touched or get eaten, you will start again from the beginning as a small object. This will in turn affect your score too. The bigger you get will affect how big your score as well. The bigger you get the more points you will get as you grow bigger and bigger.

I would like my game to place in empty land. There wont have to be any obstacles as such but the actual items that are playing the game. I would like the game to be crowded so it makes it hard, as once the thing gets bigger it gets harder to play.

The other thing I would add is that, they can eat something that they are bigger than by good portion and if they're not bigger or the same size they bounce off each other, like a bounce ball off a wall. Should be fun to see.

Another thing I could add is maybe we have one thing that can not be eaten, so if this specific thing is eaten the player either loses points or just starts back from square one and has to eat his way up again.



     


















Reference:

http://www.agarioguide.com/game-mechanics/



Comments

  1. Hi Godwill
    I just read your blog on game research I think it is very interesting game to create but at the same time I feel like its gonna be hard to put everything together and make it working properly but it will be an interesting one to try your gaming and coding skills.Best of look with the game and I hope that everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Godwill just finished reading your post and found it to be an interesting game idea. I played agar.io before and it's a pretty fun game! I look forward to seeing you create this game and hope I can try it out too. I have a few questions about the game, how is the player going to win or lose the game? Do I have to get to a certain size to win or will there be another big blob that cases me and I have to escape it until I grow big enough to eat it or I could die? An idea that I was thinking of was to make the game in 3D, while yes it might be hard to do, it would be a good twist to the classic agar.io and I'm sure there are some good tutorials out there to help! Best of luck with your game and I look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Future Gamestop worker/developer

Prototype