Prototype

 






Hi Guys





This is my prototype to Gario the game, what I found difficult creating the game was trying to make the game 3D. Because basing the game on other games that are 2D, I suppose this was always going to be a slight problem. That being said I looked into it a bit more into it If I could make a 2D game into a 3D game. The research came out that you could do it. I even found one YouTube video saying that you could do that and was giving instructions on how you could do it. 



The first thing I did was opened up unity and then set the name of this particular project to prototype. I also changed the dimension of the game to 2D, after that I then proceeded to change the background in unity to black . The next thing I did was I made a file called Scripts so it would be easier to save later stuff what I needed to put in. In that I made C # Script, which I called PlayerController. Before working in the script I decided to make a player. I just right clicked and then clicked into into 2D then clicked into sphere. I then started to work in the script and what I did in the script was adjust mouse to so the sphere in the game would move while being controlled by the mouse, then after I adjusted how the speed of it moving at. I think the next step is to add things around it so its not just one thing just there on its own


All in all apart from the setback of not knowing if I could fully do this game in 3D and at the beginning not even knowing where to start, I realised I have made some strides forwards in the project so far, and I pray it continues.🙏




Here are some references:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiAqgn1m4-k&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zxTigjJr24



 












Comments

  1. Sup Godzy,
    I like the name of your game. I also think it's interesting that you took up the challenge of trying to convert the game to 3D and I wish you luck on that process and I'm excited to see how your final game turns out, especially aesthetics wise because I think it will be pretty unique.

    I wonder if mapping the controls of the game to the arrow keys/WASD would work for your game too, instead of the mouse? We have been using key controls in most of the tutorials so maybe since we have the experience it would be easier to implement than learning a new control scheme?

    I know you said you wouldn't be adding obstacles to your game world but maybe they could actually help and make the game a little more dynamic and could add a sense of strategy to the game if players use the obstacles to their advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Godzy, me again,
    Glad to see you are making progress with your game, unity is not easy and it definitely requires alot of time and effort. Youtube is a great place to find some content that helps with unity, its cool to enter the game developing community and see how others build their games. I am excited to see the final product of your game and I wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Godwill, back again reading your blog. Its great to see you have started and are making some good progress with your game. It is usually just getting the game started, which is the worst part so you have gotten that done at least. You are definitely going the right way looking through YouTube for helpful tips, because honestly I don't think there is a better place for help out there. Good luck finishing the rest of your game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Godzy,
    I know it's hard. I am really glad to see you keeping it together after that, it's frustrating. I would suggest you contact Shaun about any serous concerns you have because he really does clear things up in plain language. then you can go ahead to work on you own. Best of Luck.
    Abdi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Future Gamestop worker/developer

Game Research