Tutorial 01

 






So this is my first week of starting Ruby 2d game. It seems very basic from the start nothing to difficult.
I actually enjoyed the simplicity of how it was. I had to first start off by creating Ruby which was pretty easy if you follow the steps. Before I started I thought it was going to be so hard because last semester was more video steps whereas this semester was more wordy and less visual examples. It was actually okay and I got into my workflow pretty quickly. 

The one thing I found trouble with the most is the Tile maps, for some strange reason it was not me cover the screen that orange colour it wanted. It was coming with tile square in the middle or other bits. This frustrated me, but after preservice I found that I was not adjusting the tile set properly to the right size so could resize the orange background to the game. After figuring that out I was much more relived and found it fun putting the orange tile on the screen and tried to stay neat and tidy in the grid and tried my best to copy how it was done in the steps on Unity.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction Future Gamestop worker/developer

Prototype

Game Research